ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF INFORMATION
You must inform the doctor of any personal illnesses, allergies and all medications you are currently taking.
- Do not eat or drink any food six (6) hours prior to surgery, except for water with medication.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing with short sleeves or sleeves that are easily drawn above the elbow.
- Contact lenses should be removed.
- Women should not wear earrings or lipstick.
- Take premeditations as prescribed before coming for surgery.
- Be sure to bring a responsible adult with a valid driver license who will be here through the duration of your surgery to drive you home.
- A responsible adult must drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery the day of surgery.
- Smoking and/or drinking alcohol is prohibited for 48 hours after surgery.
I have been advised of the possible risks and consequences associated with my planned procedure including but not limited to, paresthesia, swelling, pain, infection, sinus irritation and damage to other teeth or fillings. Where root canal therapy is received, I understand that there is the possibility of an
overfill or under fill. I also understand that although most root canals are successful, there is the possibility that additional treatment and/or extraction of the tooth or teeth involves may be required.
I have informed the doctor of any illnesses or allergies that I may have and any medications that I am currently taking.
I hereby agree that I will not drive any vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours after having any surgical procedure performed with intravenous (I.V) sedation.